Rodents are small mammals, including rats and mice, that are avid chewers and can cause a lot of damage to your home or business. Even worse, they can also carry a variety of transmissible diseases, as well as fleas, which present their own issues.
Signs of a rodent infestation include:
- Multiple or distinct piles of small rodent droppings
- Chew marks on wood and drywall
- Tiny paw or tail marks in dusty corners and along baseboards
- Agitated pets, usually dogs, when they hear or smell rodents (be careful, rodents are can be a threat to your dogs in ways they are not to cats)
- Lingering musky odors, which will increase as the rodent population increases
- Damaged food packages that may have been torn by rodents
- Noises late at night such as scurrying or squeaking
- Chewed wires
If you see any indications of rodents in your home or business, contact a professional immediately.